Tibbit's Hill Schoolhouse
Built in 1844 to replace a log structure which had been erected in 1827, the one-room fieldstone structure served English-speaking pupils until 1928. The schoolhouse was given to the Brome County Historical Society in 1937 by the Township of Brome School Commission and set up as part of the Museum in 1967. Visitors will find the schoolhouse in its original state and full of period furnishings.
Located at the corner of Tibbits Hill and Centre Road, the schoolhouse is well worth the short drive from Knowlton.
Many thanks to the Miata Owners Club who visited the site for the pictures!