The Brome County Courthouse was built in 1857 thanks to a donation of land by Paul Holland Knowlton. Until 1952, it served as the seat of the civil courts of Brome County, namely the Commissioners’ Court, the Circuit Court and the Magistrates’ Court. From time to time, the Superior Court sat there as required. Located on the second floor of the building, the courtroom has never been altered other than to upgrade the heating and lighting systems. The windows were replaced in 2018, except for those on the façade. The furniture still present is limited to the judge’s bench, the witness box and the large table with its chairs. The balustrade was salvaged from the United Church in West Brome.
--
Le Palais de justice du comté de Brome a été construit en 1857 grâce à une donation de terrain de la part de Paul Holland Knowlton. Jusqu’en 1952, il a été le siège des cours civiles du comté de Brome, soit la Cour des Commissaires, la Cour des circuits et la Cour des Magistrats. De temps en temps, la Cour Supérieure y siégeait selon les besoins. Située au deuxième étage de l’édifice, la salle d’audience n’a jamais été modifiée autrement que pour rénover le système de chauffage et l’éclairage. Les fenêtres ont été changées en 2018, sauf pour celles en façade. Le mobilier d’origine comprend la tribune du juge, la barre des témoins et la grande table avec ses chaises. La balustrade a été récupérée de l’église unie de West Brome.
top of page
2 000,00 $Prix
bottom of page





















